Devops engineer job description – DevOps (operations and development) is an enterprise software Development term used to imply a sort of agile relationship between development and IT operations. The objective of DevOps is to alter and improve the connection by recommending better communication and cooperation between both of these business units.
Implementation and installation of high availability automated tools in the cloud environment. They plan and conduct technical tasks connected with the execution of cloud program infrastructure. The DevOps Engineer collaborates with specialized direction, development, system engineers and business stakeholders to augment cloud solutions that will meet operational goals for high availability, performance, stability, security, and cost efficiency.
Devops engineer job description:
- Update the present environment to maximize auto-recovery and geographically distributed redundancy
- Simplify structure to expand use of Amazon Web Services provided software
- Boost system monitoring and alerting to enhance incident time to resolution while decreasing false positives
- Boost system logging and benchmarking in order to fine tune application infrastructure and gain greater insight into platform problems and functionality
- Work with technology and application development teams to enhance system performance through environment updates and improvements
- monitoring applications and systems to manage applications and infrastructure through automation
- Deployment, monitoring and support of new and existing solutions, platforms, and application stacks
- Measurement and optimization of system performance capacity planning and direction
- Research and evaluate new technologies and alternatives to push our capacities forward and proactively solve tomorrow’s problems
- AWS: 2+ years’ experience with having a wide assortment of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS established cloud alternative, with an emphasis on best practice cloud safety.
- DevOps: Strong experience as a DevOps Engineer at a 24×7 uptime Amazon AWS surroundings, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Scripting Skills: Powerful scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
- Tracking Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios).
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and solve complex infrastructure source and application deployment difficulties.
Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
- OO Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills (Java or C#).
- DB Skills: Basic DB management experience (Oracle, SQL Server).
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methods.
- Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems like SVN.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
How much do Devops make?
The average pay for a Development Operations (DevOps) Engineer is $90,361 each year.