event manager job description – An event manager is in charge Of planning, organizing, and executing all types and sizes of events, like musical concerts, food festivals, and conventions. Financial management is also an important component of this career; an event manager should work within budgetary constraints set by the Customer
Event Manager Accountable for managing operational and administrative works to make sure certain projects are delivered efficiently. Providing leadership, motivation, direction and support to your team. Being responsible for all project budgets from begin to finish.
Event manager job description
- Manage staff responsible for event coordination activities.
- Coordinate details of events such as conventions, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, charity events, surprise parties, trade shows, sales meetings, business meetings, employee appreciation events and virtual events.
- Hire, train, and educate employees on appropriate event procedures.
- Calculate budgets and adjust if necessary.
- Book venues and negotiate fees.
- Prepare invitations and ship out at appropriate time.
- Work with guest of honor to ensure all requests are satisfied.
- Drive presence to the event.
- Encourage the event using flyers, cold calling, and social media as examples of ways to spark attention.
- Analyze event performance and prepare metrics presentation.
- Define company brand through events.
- Ensure staff is adequately prepared for event.
- Pay vendors for their involvement in the event.
- Provide receipts if needed.
- Ensure day of event goes smoothly.
- Set up booths, flowers, decorations, and other event decor.
- Plan menus, order food, and employ chefs or caterers.
- Sample food, such as main dishes and desserts.
- Give final approval for items like music and menus.
- Proven experience as event manager
- Skilled in project management
- Knowledge of KPIs and promotion techniques for event management
- Expert in MS Office
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- A knack for problem-solving
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
- BSc/BA in PR, advertising, hospitality management or related field is preferred
What do you need to become an event manager?
To become a certified event planner, you need to obtain a bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, marketing, public relations, communications or business. You’ll also need communication, customer service, interpersonal, negotiation and problem solving abilities.
What is the average? Salary of an event manager?
The average Meeting/Event Manager salary in the USA is $78,145 as Of September 28, 2018, but the range generally falls between $68,627 and $88,687