Porter job description – The word “Porter” is used in many places and have different job task. in hotel there is hotel porter that responsible for handling luggage, in apartment porter known as janitor that responsible for cleaning apartment area. And also in car dealer, lot porter that responsible for handling customer vehicles. Here are the complete job description of porter:
Hotel porter job description
Hotel porter is known also as a bellman or bellboy is responsible for handling guest luggage upon check in or check out
Hotel porter is the first person in front office department that interact with the guest and make a good impression. That’s why porter is really important job in hotel. Here are hotel porter job description
- Open doors and greet guests in a friendly and polite manner.
- Assists guests with their luggage to the reception.
- Escorts guests to room, placing luggage in room assigned by reception.
- explain room facilities to guests (e.g., use of room key, ice and vending areas, mini-bar, laundry services, safety deposit box,)
- Inform guests of property amenities, services, operation hours, and local areas of interest and activities
- Store and retrieve luggage and other objects for guests
- Ensure collection and delivery of guest luggage and equipment in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assist guests in and out of vehicles
- To be present at the lobby to be ready to assist guests when requested
- Provide items on loan to guest and collect the items back from guest before departure.
- Inform reception associate to charge loan item, in case there are any charges applicable.
- Delivers messages, faxes, packages and flowers to guests’ rooms.
- Checks the daily arrival list for VIP’s or guests with special need.
- Ensure the efficient delivery and collection of group luggage.
- Ensure that the guest has verified that all luggage has been accounted for.
- Ensure safe storage and collect ticketing of guest coats and persona items.
- Transport departing guest’s luggage from the room to the lobby, then into car or taxi after reconfirming with the guest.
- Respond to guest requests and queries providing a knowledgeable efficient and helpful information service.
- To provide an efficient luggage storage, delivery and collection service.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bell stand, lobby door and baggage room when not busy with guests.
- Arrange transportation for guests and record advance transportation request as needed
- Perform any other task assigned by the management.
- High school diploma/GED required
- commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Able to stand for long hours.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds at a time
- Reliable and able to work a flexible shift schedule, weekends & holidays.
- Be a good team player and flexible with the ability to work a variety of early and late shifts. .
- Must have strong communication, presentation, training and organizational skills.
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance.
Lot porter job description
- Drives safely and follows all traffic rules and regulations on and off the lot
- Reports any lot damage to management immediately
- Inspects and stocks in new and pre-owned vehicles
- Manages incoming cars, used inventory, incoming dealer trades, and service vehicles
- Cleans Service / Sales / other areas as assigned by management
- Makes key tags
- Washes vehicles
- Maintains a professional looking appearance
- Arrange service for cars/communicate with service vendors if necessary
- Keep car lot clean and in an orderly arrangement
- Run various errands for the dealership
- Drive and drop off customers at certain locations around the dealership
- Performs other duties as assigned
- The ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- The ability to demonstrate good judgment.
- Neat and professional appearance
- The ability to drive both automatic and manual shift vehicles
- Willing and able to perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
- Ability to work outdoors and stand on your feet for extended periods of time
- Clean driving record
- Applicant must be flexible with assuming daylight and evening shifts
- Must be able to pass a drug test